Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Monday [My Hope Is In You]



I am loving this new song from Aaron Shust.  I know....you think I say that about every song I hear on The House FM don't you?  Well I have my reasons for this one.  


Absorb these lyrics....


I meet with You and my soul sings out 
As Your word throws doubt far away
I sing to You and my heart cries Holy!
Hallelujah, Father, You're near!

(Chorus)
My hope is in You, Lord
All the day long
I won't be shaken by drought or storm
A peace that passes understanding is my song
And I sing
My hope is in You, Lord

I wait for You and my soul finds rest
In my selfishness, You show me grace
I worship You and my heart cries Glory
Hallelujah, Father You're here!

Chorus

I will wait on You
You are my refuge
I will wait on You
You are my refuge

I will wait on You
You are my refuge
I will wait on You
You are my refuge

My hope is in You, Lord
All the day long
I won't be shaken by drought or storm
My hope is in You, Lord
All the day long
I won't be shaken by drought or storm
A peace that passes understanding is my song
And I sing
My hope is in You, Lord (X3)



Why does this song speak to me?  I have been without hope before.  This is kind of hard for me to admit that to you.  There was a time that I just gave up that God was going to fix a particular situation in my life.  


I knew that God could intervene, but hadn't.  


I knew God cared, but I translated His silence as uncaring.  


It felt like my hope in God about resolving the situation was stolen.  I didn't realize it until someone said, "You can't give up hope!"  When I heard those words...I knew I had.    


My next step was to confess it to God, and regain the hope I lost.  I verbally told myself there was hope.  I started believing again that God could and would in His own time.  I surrounded myself with the positive.  I looked for God to work in every step.  Now?  I have hope again.  I cling to the promise that God has given me.  It's all I have.  


My favorite line from this song is..."I won't be shaken by drought or storm 
A peace that passes understanding is my song".  It's good to have hope again.  God is awesome like that.  No...He hasn't fixed the situation, but He has fixed my hope.  Nothing is going to shake that. 


Are you facing a hopeless situation?  

No comments: