Wednesday, April 10, 2013

When you don't have what it takes



Do you doubt that you have what it takes to make in this world?  To really make a name for yourself?

Do you have moments like this when you feel inadequate?  To be the best spiritual leader in your home?  Or that you got in the wrong line when God was passing out talents?

These kinds of doubts just don't do much for me and my confidence level.  All these feelings are bumping into some hard, sore places in my heart.  My pastor tells me that the source of these feelings of inadequacies come from unfair criticism, unrealistic compliments and unwise comparisons.

When you feel like you don't have what it takes to make it, you're right.  
What it takes is your heart to surrender to God's view of you.  

God's view of you is different than your view of you.
God has given you more than you think to accomplish more than you think.
It's less about you more about God.  It's less about you, MORE about God.
Repeat.

Don't insult God by saying you don't have what it takes.  God has what it takes to work wonders through you.  For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.  Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

If we believe we are made in God's image, and that he makes all things new, then how can we call ourselves unworthy or inadequate if God is living on the inside of us?  God is not inadequate and when we find our identity in Him, we will never be inadequate.

But man...I sure don't feel like a masterpiece.

Believe this truth...you are God's masterpiece.  It doesn't matter that you feel it or not.  This is not a soft and tender feel good message, this is a life-changing message.  If my identity is written by the author of Life, then I am His masterpiece.  Don't let the feelings of inadequacy, or failure, or doubt tell you that you are not valuable or that you don't have a place in God's heart.  You have what it takes if you are a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ.

You have the where-with-all to do the "whatever" that is gnawing on your heart right now.  The "thing" you only dream about but can't say...You have what it takes because God has all it takes.  God will consistently, and lovingly, guide you to the exact place he needs you to be right now, so that He can write His story of beauty in you.  He can bring beauty from your pain.  He can craft comfort in you to share with others.

You have in you what God wants for you...do you want what God wants?  You don't need enough faith to finish, only to start.  God wants to perfect your faith by writing His  beauty in your life.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."  2 Peter 1:3

By His divine power...He gives us our worth. 
He has given you everything you need....
Jesus is all I need for this life.
Not just to have what it takes, but to be His greater.  To touch holiness and godliness.
God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called.  
And it's by the name of Jesus are we called...  

9 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you so much for sharing! Loved reading this!!

Telisa said...

"You don't need enough faith to finish, only to start." WOW!!! FANTASTIC!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....this blessed my socks of today!!!! WOW! WOW!

Marci said...

Love love LOVE!!! Thank you! You're writings get me every time...may just have to read this a few times over!

Sheryl said...

You continually bless as you grow, Janelle! Thanking and praising God for your journey - so we can grow along with you!

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes Janelle!! I so needed this today and I love it. Thank you!! ~ Randi

Anonymous said...

I have felt inadequate daily for the past 45 years. Because you wrote these words and shared them I'm going to heal from these feelings. Beginning tomorrow morning during my quiet time I'm going to re-read your written words as a daily reminder.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are constantly trying to save me.

REPEAT DAILY:
I must not let the feelings of inadequacy, or failure, or doubt tell me that I'm not valuable or that I don't have a place in God's heart. I have what it takes because I am a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ.

coachstretch said...

Thank you for a solid and such a God-timed message.

Unknown said...

Fantastic, I absolutely love this! I needed to hear this message.