Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My One A Day

A new thing that Brent and I are doing on McCoy in the Morning show on The House FM is changing one habit or idea in your life that can help your relationship with Christ.  I bet you are wondering what mine is right? Of course I have one....


My one thing is to memorize scripture.  I used to do this a long time ago and kind just gotten away from it.  Then one day when I was visiting with a friend it hit me that I had forgotten a lot of the verses I once held.  So I am bringing it back in my daily routine and we are learning a new verse every week.  So far I have memorized about 5 verses.  


What I really like is that I am planting His words into my heart.  Think about it like this...I am embedding God's holy inspired words into the deep folds of my soul.  Worth every minute.  What I find interesting is that I am picking the verses at random and there is always an opportunity during the week to use the exact verse that I am memorizing.  So not only am I learning the verse but applying the truth to my life.  


I have experienced the power this one action brings.  It was seventeen years ago when our world was falling to pieces in the form of cancer.  I had so many why's as tears streamed down my cheeks, listening to the chemo nurse describe the "bobsled to hell" as the latest protocol for treatment  It was then that I started the discipline of memorization of truth.  Proverbs 3:5-6 taught me how to trust God.  It still does.  When life consumes and there are no answers....  God's truth helps me accept hard things.  My life is full of hard things, so is yours.


Tell me what your One-A-Day challenge is.   Come on....I told you first.

No comments: