Thursday, November 17, 2011

Purpose-FULL

One day last week, it was a misty morning as I was driving to work.  I was passing a big truck that was continually giving my windshield a blanket of heavy rainy spray as I passed him.  There was one point in that dark left hand lane that I couldn't see where I was going.  My view was unclear.  I slowed down a little as I just kept driving forward.  In an instant, the spray was cleared by the handy wiper blades.    


There have times in my life that I feel like the next step forward is as unclear as my misty windshield.  I know and believe that God has a plan for my life,  but there are some times when His plans seem to be fuzzy.  In those misty and fuzzy times, that's when I try to position myself in a place close to His heart.  In those times God's whispers get really loud. I have to trust with each step that God is using his voice of truth to clear the mist away so that I can see his clear purpose.  


When I stop and listen, that is when his voice is most clear.   Ever notice how we pray for our circumstances to change when God is really more concerned with our character?   When I am listening for the shouts and whispers, I come away with an understanding only the Spirit could give.  And that makes my view more clear.   

He has purpose for each of us.  He has gifted us each uniquely and purposefully.  He desires to use us for His glory and to bear fruit for His kingdom.  Oh sure there are days when I am feeling unuseful, overlooked, shunned, unneeded and without purpose.  But I focus on that fact that Jesus wasn't looking for prominence or glory, rather simply to be utilized by His Maker.  I desire the same thing, to be used as a vessel of honor by our Maker for His glory and His purposes. 

The Lord will fulfill His purposes for us.  And no purpose of His can be thwarted.


I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted." Job 42:2 





No comments: