Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So Thankful

Any bacon-wrapped meat is a win!
This week we'll sit around a table piled high with turkey, your mother's dressing and laughter.  I'll stir and savor a steaming cup of coffee and contemplate the sweet and tender things that I am grateful for.   

When the last crumb is consumed and last smile exchanged, we will lean back full.  Too full.  I will be thinking about the kids who only get one meal a today.

And I will also think of you.  I am grateful for those of you who stop by here everyday.  You are my friends...you read my heart and my thoughts.  (Even through the tears).  

This is part of God's goodness to me.  We are family.   I feel comfortable here.  Hope you do too.

I am grateful that I am held in God's hands.  I am thankful that He gives me the words to weave.  To write them out gives me much joy.   Even if it brings sadness.  That's not my intention.

So thank you...I am grateful for you.  I invite you to share in this journey.  Share in the memories.  Share in my joy of the lessons God is teaching.  
Thank you for being YOU.  Thank you for your encouragement.  I hope that your Thanksgiving is blessed with good memories too.


Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful that God gives you the words to weave. Your words have seemed just for me many times!!!

Dave Probus said...

I feel like Ms Brenda. Many times your words seem to be aimed directly at me, my situation, and sometimes my heart. Sponsoring and finding sponsors fills my heart will joy and my eyes with tears. When you post in facebook that the Lord has lead you to another sponsor my heart is overjoyed and I am reminded that this child, who nows has sponsor, has a very real, tangible hope for a future. Yes I am thankful. Thankful for so many things, one of them is you.

Unknown said...

Thanks Dave and Brenda for your kind words. It means a lot to me.