Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Inspired Blessings - Inspired Deals - Review



In faith conversations with others, I tend to connect being “blessed” with only good things that happen in our lives, or the things that go our way.  What about the not-so-good things that happen in our lives?  Those should be viewed as blessings too.  

We are blessed because we are loved, forgiven, and saved from certain death.
We are blessed because we are God's.
We are blessed because he loved us first.

As I uncover the full impact of God’s endless love, I have discovered that being blessed means being close to God.  No matter what current life circumstance is hovering right now, whether it is a one disappointment after another, or one continuous happy occasion.  I am blessed because I am His.  I am blessed in my weaknesses, failures and insecurities.  I have the freedom to run to God without having to clean up before.  I find strength for the desert moments, mercy translates my clumsy words, and I am blessed with joy as my cup of life is filled with change. 


Psalms 1:1-3 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.  Whatever he does prospers.


What about you...how are you blessed?

No comments: