Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Monday [Everything Good]



This week's song is by Ashes Remain.  It is one of those songs that doesn't need much of an explanation.  It just points to God as being our everything good.  As He should be.


You are oxygen
On a late night drive
To clear my head when hope has passed me by
You are gravity
When I'm upside down
You help me find my way back to the ground
And this is why

(Chorus)
You're everything good, everything true
When all the world is fading, You're everything new
You are my eyes, when I can't see
When all the world is broken, You will always be
Everything good

You are all I have, and all I need
And all I am is what You've made of me
And this is why

Chorus

You're everything good to me
You're everything that I need
And this is why...



God is the reason for our existence.  God is our anchor.  God is the way.  God is....good.  

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- 
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- 
think about such things."


Why do I blog about music once a week?  Because the music that I hear on my radio connects me to God.  You are not the only one who has the right song delivered at the right time.  That happens to me too.  It speaks to the power that music gives as a vehicle for God to speak to us, and then for us to worship Him.  Music connects our souls with God.  It goes deep, it connects our feelings, and it speaks our praise.  It speaks that everything good is God, and He is everything that we need.  And this is why...

No comments: