Monday, April 9, 2012

Music Monday [Christ Is Risen]

We celebrate Easter many ways. I love to spend it in church singing worship to the One who made today a reason to do the happy dance.  One of the most moving songs for me is Christ is Risen, it's a song that we sing on more than just Easter Sunday. This song brings worship to my soul. Plain and simple...Christ saves.  He took a brutal death on a wooden cross and He took the hit for me.  That is and will always be cause for me to celebrate.  

My favorite part of the song are these lines..

Beneath the weight of all our sin
You bowed to none but heaven's will
No scheme of hell, no scoffer's crown
No burden great can hold You down
In strength You reign
Forever let Your church proclaim 

My favorite part...is personal. Christ bowed beneath the weight of my sin.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

Christ was obedient, He willingly went to Calvary.  The nails didn't hold Him, love did.  

Christ was born for my purpose and nothing thwarted God's plan.

Christ defeated Hell.  Someone had to tell Satan he has lost the battle for our souls.  

Jesus said he would rise again, and he did. That makes Him a person of his words. You can believe Him and  believe in Him.    

We have got the best news around town. Tell someone else! Celebrate that Christ's death has brought us life.  Through His death we too have victory over death. Come awake!  Hope is alive!

No comments: