Monday, June 18, 2012

Music Monday {Losing} & How Not To Be A Loser



This week's Music Monday post centers on hurt, words that hurt, words that fall hard on our hearts, unintended calloused words that do damage.


Tenth Avenue North puts it into perspective with their lyrics to Losing.


"I can't believe what she said...
I can't believe what he did
Don't they know it's wrong?
Don't they know it's wrong?
Maybe there's something I missed?
But how could they treat me like this?
It's wearing out my heart
The way they disregard"

It doesn't matter who said what.  It doesn't matter who texted this or that.  It doesn't matter if it was intended to hurt.  The fact remains that when hurt falls on your heart, there is conflict.  In hurtful situations, we all have a choice to make.  There is one thing we can control and that is our response to obey God or the enemy.

"This is love

This is hate... 
We gotta a choice to make"

A wise friend once told me once.... 
"We are fighting the enemy, but we have to remember it's not each other."

Sometimes we encounter people that are not nice.  The other day in busy metro traffic, I got in the way of three very important people.  How do I know they were VIP'S?  They honked loudly and let me know I was in the wrong.  


Are you bouncing back from a wound that has gone deep?  It wears out my heart the stories of insensitive words that are thrown about.  We truly live in a lost and broken world.  So much hurt, so much pain, so much loss.  


And yet God calls us to forgive, to let go of the pain, the hurt and the loss...


"Oh Father wont you forgive them

They don't know what they've been doing
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losing
I feel like I've been losing"

Those moments when hurt hits...I have to pray 
"Oh Father give me grace to forgive them, just like you forgave me".


God always hits me with an inconvenient truth.  
Ps. 15: 1 - 5 ~ "Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? 

Who may live on your holy hill? 

He whose walk is blameless 
and who does what is righteous, 
who speaks the truth from his heart 
and has no slander on his tongue, 
who does his neighbor no wrong 
and casts no slur on his fellowman, 
who despises a vile man 
but honors those who fear the Lord, 
who keeps his oath even when it hurts, 
who lends his money without usury 
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. 
He who does these things will never be shaken." 

God in his mercy He brings healing in these verses.  Even if you do have the perfect comeback two hours later, and most certainly when you wanted to scream the necessary when someone is giving you the unkind words and gestures.  You have a choice to make....love God or love the enemy.  I will choose the first, because I don't want to be caught a loser.   

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Great blog, Janelle

Anonymous said...

Great blog today, just what I needed!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written, from the heart. Thanks for sharing.