Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Obsessed!

Photo by Marleen Eastin


I am obsessed with sunsets and sunrises.


Here's why....

Sunsets and sunrises make me pause in my too-busy day and be thankful that God is near. After spending my time working, thinking, writing, and whatever-my-days are full of...I tend to arrive at the sunsets and sunrises very empty. When God gets my attention, I notice my Creator in His creation. 

I see the Son and my soul becomes full. 
I am obsessed with seeing God in every moment. 

At the end of the day, at the end of these moments, at the end of myself, I see God. And may I be honest with you? As I come empty to these scenes, I need to see God in these moments of the sunsets and sunrises. I want to see God in every moment of my day, in every moment of my life. This may sound weird to you but....

"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, 
the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

You must think I am a over-the-top-spiritual freak. Surely you are thinking that I am some-radical-chic on some-kind-of-no-where-ending-path-of-super-spiritual-craziness.

I care deeply what God thinks. I care deeply about being on God's page.

This life I lead is about my destination, not my life-on-earth-journey. I am created for worship. I am obsessed with worshiping God in His created moments of brilliance. So pausing and tweeting about how glorious the sunrise or the sunset, is my spiritual act of worship and my acknowledgement, that God is God at the beginning and end of my day.   

"so that from the rising of the sun 
to the place of its setting 
men may know there is none besides me. 
I am the Lord, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:6

When I gaze upon these beauties...I am in awe in wonder of God's amazing grace, mercy, holiness all wrapped into a sweet and creative package that burns into my sponge-like soul,  drinking all their awesomeness and radiant illuminations.   

I am filled with wonder.  Ah.....

...As you look at creation do you acknowledge that God is still God? And all His people said....?


Photo by Jerrica Rackley



5 comments:

Carol Martin said...

Good writing, Janelle! My dad "collected" sunrises and sunsets, wherever he was. We have photos from all over the world, to remember him, and remember God's grace.

Unknown said...

Thanks Carol...I have also seen some sunsets from the other side of the world. It's awesome to see God there too!

Marleen said...

Perfect Janelle!!! You spoke the words of my heart and soul.

Unknown said...

Marleen, thanks for sharing the Son. :)

Connie said...

I have always loved sunrises & sunsets....after reading this blog~~~ they will be filled with so much more than just enjoyment of God's creation!! Thank you Lord for working thru my wonderful friend so that I recieved this message today.