Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Mania - Smiles & Sheep



Brent McCoy says farewell to this chapter of his radio life.  He will be back from time to time. Behind the microphone there was a friendship that bonded in many different areas.  He's the real deal, even if he is a little weird sometimes.  (smile)

Sometimes God calls us to do hard things.  And in those hard things, God also gives us what we need to do to step into the challenge ahead.  Why else would He let us be involved?  He wants us to trust Him in all things.  Even in hard things that are uncomfortable and awkward and those unknown-scary-I-don't-know-how-this-will-end things.  (smile).

A new page is turning in my storybook.  A new page is turning this story of faith.  And if you want to know what that is just ask...maybe i will share it with you.  Let's have coffee or go get a Coke....sometime.  (Smile)

It seems that God is not finished with our stories that we will share together.  To be honest that is a question I ask of myself with God.... a lot.  Well, at least more than I should.   My check valve is that I ask what is my purpose?  Then God shows up and says...


"Who do you think you are?  You are not calling the shots here...so....just sit back and rest."  (smile....)

I might be incredibly hard on myself and that is not my point.  My point is that we are called to do the things of God.  And sometimes God calls us to do different things, things that make us uncomfortable, things that cause us to pause and wonder what God is up to.  (awkward smile)

But know this...God is our Shepherd.  (that fact alone should make you smile)

Psalm 23:1 says in the second part of the verse that our Shepherd leads us to green pastures.  And as His lamb...I am one who is always looking for that green pasture!  He doesn't lead us to barrenness or to places that aren't His will.  He knows what's best for us.  He knows where the green pastures are...and He knows how to make us lie down and rest....

He knows our struggles, our wanderings, our wondering hearts.  Our wandering and wondering minds...He knows...

If we would just listen, follow and focus on our Shepherd...then we will see with our eyes of faith that following God is the green pastures that he lead us to.  A sheep knows the masters voice.  And a sheep trusts it's Shepherd for the next step. I will be weak but God you are strong my Shepherd.  (smile)

Just like the sheep that knows....and hears...their shepherd's voice...and they follow because they know the shepherd will lead them to the next pasture....so our Shepherd also knows and sees....even if we are the one of the 99.  When I don't see the green pastures and the quiet waters of rest, I have to ask...have I really listened to the Shepherd's voice or the voice of doubt?  (smile)

When I look to my Shepherd I find those green pastures are right there there in front of me....I just forgot to look and ask.  Oh Shepherd please lead me.....  (smile)  


Praying for you today, that the Lord would give you a vision of His green pastures, soften your heart to eat of the tender shoots of faith in front of you, and strengthen you for the journey days ahead.  (smile)

2 comments:

Marleen said...

Boy, I think you are right........we forget to see that God is leading us to GREEN pastures!!

Stella said...

He is a loving God