|This really did happen, but at my house|
it was a turkey sandwich instead of a cat food bag.
I've been fighting an enemy. I dare say maybe you have had some experience in this battle too.
I am certainly not more qualified to fight this than you, nor are you more qualified than me.
This enemy has kind of taken me by surprise, but then I am really shouldn't be taken aback by it's appearance.
I could have been prepared. But then how do you prepare for a battle of epic proportions?
I really don't think you have noticed because I think you are fighting the same enemy too.
So in my defense I could list you a ton of excuses for why I haven't been here in a while like...
- My laptop battery died...and honestly that is more original than saying the "cat did it!"
- My heart is pulsating with truth that I am gaining when I read God's Word and I am pondering some deep thoughts about a lot of things.
- My heart wants to write but my brain-meat won't let out the words.
- We ate ham for Thanksgiving instead of turkey, so maybe I thought you wouldn't like me anymore because of that.
- My brain might have melted or been carried away by those horrible flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.
- I don't know who I am fighting so therefore I don't know how to dress for the battle.
Honestly, the reason I haven't written in a week is I have been fighting the enemy of busyness. And it's about to eat me alive. Consume me...so that begs a question...um....maybe I shouldn't ask that one.
I will just blame it on the cat that I don't have. How do you fight the enemy of busyness?