Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Cat Did It!

This really did happen, but at my house
it was a turkey sandwich instead of a cat food bag.
Not sure that you have noticed but I haven't been here in a while.

I've been fighting an enemy.  I dare say maybe you have had some experience in this battle too.

I am certainly not more qualified to fight this than you, nor are you more qualified than me.

This enemy has kind of taken me by surprise, but then I am really shouldn't be taken aback by it's appearance.

I could have been prepared.  But then how do you prepare for a battle of epic proportions?

I really don't think you have noticed because I think you are fighting the same enemy too.

So in my defense I could list you a ton of excuses for why I haven't been here in a while like...

  • My laptop battery died...and honestly that is more original than saying the "cat did it!"
  • My heart is pulsating with truth that I am gaining when I read God's Word and I am pondering some deep thoughts about a lot of things.
  • My heart wants to write but my brain-meat won't let out the words.
  • We ate ham for Thanksgiving instead of turkey, so maybe I thought you wouldn't like me anymore because of that.
  • My brain might have melted or been carried away by those horrible flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.   
  • I don't know who I am fighting so therefore I don't know how to dress for the battle.
Honestly, the reason I haven't written in a week is I have been fighting the enemy of busyness.  And it's about to eat me alive.  Consume me...so that begs a question...um....maybe I shouldn't ask that one.

I will just blame it on the cat that I don't have.  How do you fight the enemy of busyness?





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yea I understand, I am behind on reading because of the busyness. I was just thinking this morning how odd that I have written anything in a while. I am thinking early this week or even last week. Love your blogs!