Tuesday, December 4, 2012

If We Had Coffee Today...

If we were having coffee today, here's what I would tell you...

Someone loves you.

Not just by those people around you.  But by a Awesome Someone, who knows you well.  

With the breath of Heaven, there is One who thought of you today, and said "you're good".  In His very first exhales...an image was created.  A special, unique and vibrant life.  A Creator's creation.   You. 

You might say these are fancy words...

But know this...God is for you.  Even if it doesn't feel like it.

Because you are loved by a perfectly wonderful and holy Craftsman, that means its only His love that satisfies.  We look for that fulfilling love in many of the wrong places.  We so easily give our fragile hearts to things that don't love us back.  We lend our hearts to things that don't matter.  We often consume ourselves with the quest of finding satisfaction that we forget to guard what was so innocently created.  

Pouring you another cup...

Stop looking for a love in stuff when that stuff can't love you back.  Don't be consumed by your quest to give your love away at first temptation.  Protect the purity that God has blended into your being.  

You are loved by a God who knows how you struggle with your self-approval and worth.  God sees you with His worthy eyes.  So don't live for God's approval but from His approval.  I heard that in church Sunday and it is still dancing around my thoughts.  That's love in it most beautiful form.  His holy death gives you a life of love.  

Yearn for His holiness not that false sense of approval from people.   
He is dying for you to know Him and love Him like He loves you. 
I will always find what I really need in the One who will never leave me wanting.  

You want to be loved.  I want to be loved.  We all do.  

I love you enough to tell you that you ARE loved by God...just believe it, you don't need to understand why or how.  His love goes beyond our clumsy sin-filled hurting hearts.     

God's love remains.  Even when we don't.  It's the only love that does.

Romans 5:8  "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Let this love dwell in your heart and dwell on it.  God.Loves.You.  Don't harden your heart to His love.  

Ready to believe it now?    More coffee please...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the coffe, I do prefer hot chocolate, but I really enjoyed your blog!!

Unknown said...

Was great to share coffee with you this morning, Janelle!

Each morning, I sit in my kitchen, sipping coffee and having morning devotions. Best way to start the day -- a little God and coffee.

Lisa Sandland said...

Every day I am amazed at His love for me. It is hard at times to believe it with my head. But my heart my soul KNOWS it is true. I know He is there beside me and sometimes with His arms around me holding me, saying "I know" thats all just "I know". And He does. With a tear streaked face and a broken heart, I know that HE knows.

Thank you for sharing this Janelle!!

Lisa

Deb said...

I am ready to believe it & share that 3rd cup of coffee with you. Thank you for sharing God's love :)