Wednesday, July 3, 2013

He is waiting to be asked

Photo credit:  Peter Cook
God wants to help you.  Yes, with everything.

Did you know that He even cares about the little things that are going on in your life?  In your messy life of yesterday, or today?

There is no problem to small for God to handle.

It reminds me of the time when I attempted to clean my writing corner.  There were notes everywhere.  Post-it's loaded with half-thoughts, sentences scribbled on scraps and little slips.   They were everywhere littering my work space.  I had let it go a little too long, the stack was piled high.

Honestly I thought it would have been easier to slide them all into the trash can.  I guess I am a little OCD when it comes to saving every scrap, even napkins with thoughts.  I might use it sometime ya know?  The corner was a little like the leftovers that reside in my refrigerator.  There's a little bit of this and a little bit of that, with verses written quickly.

I could have used some help but didn't ask for any.  It would have taken me half as long to clean it up and organize, sort through and pitch the thoughts that I had no intention of using or didn't make sense.  I could have asked for help and then I could have gotten done quicker.

But I didn't.  I quit half-way through because it was too much.  It was more than I wanted to deal with at the moment.  It was way too time consuming.

How many times do we approach God with those kinds of prayers?  We think he doesn't have time for us or that it would take to long to tell Him how we really feel or that we assume He is too busy to help us?

Have you told him lately what's on your heart?  Why do we struggle with the telling part of prayer?
Why do we think we need to wax poetic or say some eloquent prayer on our knees in some kind of worshipful pose?  Why do we think that God doesn't care?

God is waiting to be asked and invited into your problems, fears and hangups.  He is waiting for us to invite Him in.

When you don't want to ask God first, it means you probably should.  The fact that God doesn't care couldn't be further from the truth.  We should invite into every part of our lives, our day, our hearts.

How else are we going to gain the strength to get to where we are going?
How else are we reminded that we are not alone in this world?
How else can we set hearts on eternity?
How else are can we tap into our Powerful Source?
How else can we experience His beauty in worship?
How else would can feel the love he has for us each and every day?
How else unless He is invited?

I haven't found a better plan than to make God the center of the big things, the small things, the this and that, the scraps of thought, half-sentences and the overwhelming circumstances that plague our days.  I haven't found an refuge in my messy writing corner with notes so jumbled up there, but when I come to God with my little ideas about my life, He straightens everything out.  Especially my perspective, my heart.

He knows that I need to ask Him first, I know that He is waiting to be asked.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, 
the door will be opened."  Matthew 7:7-8  
"Yes, Lord, each and every time like it's a big deal.  I hear You...and I hear your knocking...I invite You in."  

Oh the price of prayerlessness!  

No comments: