Monday, August 26, 2013

Emmanuel is not just for December

Photo credit:  WhitA
Do you ever have those days when God seems a 1000 miles away?

Our pride puts this distance between us and God. These times make me feel stretched and torn. I like to think God and I are really close.

He is.   He hasn't left.  He never distanced our hearts.

God is with us. Immanuel is not just for December.

There are times when my faith roars like a fierce waterfall, other times when it gently flows like a babbling brook. Grace gently trickling over my soul. Healing waters that sooth and comfort the rocks of life. Days full of swift waters that surge with turbulence, swirling and licking at my ankles.

God's firm foundation grips me steady. Unshakable. Holds. I know He is with me.

"We can trust our God
He knows what He's doing
Though it might hurt now
We won't be ruined
It might seem there's an ocean in between
But He's holding onto you and me
...And He's never gonna leave" ~ Love & the Outcome


Do you trust God when the waters of life get turbulent? Our love for God anchors us deep in His Truth that when those swift currents rise, they will bring blessing to our brokenness.

Are you at water's edge, looking at some swift currents?  On what firm foundation do you stand?

Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you." 

What comfort to know that the turbulence won't take us under. God is with us no matter what.

He is with us, we can trust His Hope anchor. We won't be consumed. He holds us. On any given day when troubled oceans are flowing high or when gentle streams trickle and tickle our toes, let your feet dangle a bit in His healing grace.

Let me linger here remembering my Foundation at this water's edge.   

"And I will call upon Your name, And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise, My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters, Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide, where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now" ~ Hillsong United

No comments: