Friday, October 31, 2014

What I need to hear often




James 4:8 "Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; for your loyalty is divided between God and the world."

We live in a noise rich community of sounds. In fact, when there is silence, sometimes it's freaky and weird. Most of us can't handle silence because we are so conditioned to hear something.

In the silence we have to listen closely to what's not there, or what we are trying to hear intently.

It's in the whispers, that we hear God. And there are times when only our spirits can hear what He is trying to tell us.

The Spirit has a language all His own.

When God placed His dream for me on my heart it was something I knew was right because I was prepared to "hear" it. I think about the times we often miss the directions that God has for us because we want it to make sense and want to know all the details first before we believe that our dreams are possible.

So how do you hear clearly what God wants to say? It starts in your heart.

Having a relationship with Jesus is first and foremost. He is our Designer and He has patterned you with your unique, only for you, inmost parts. Once you have given your heart over, fully, then your mind follows. When you incline your heart, your soul, and your mind to God. then, your spirit is ready to listen to the voice of God. It's like having an unseen hand on your car radio volume control. As the noise of the world diminishes, God's whispers are loud and clear.

I was once asked if God's voice was audible and how I knew for sure God speaks? Like He only spoke to those Old Testament Bible gurus. You have to know His words to recognize them as right and true. You have to talk to Him like the Friend that He is. You have be still and guard your mind to listen intently.

God speaks today.

You have to get real before God, so you can hear Him speak from His heart of love for you. What I need most is to hear the love God has for me. His love speaks continually and it's the only love that matters. When you turn down the volume of the world, you can hear it too.

Why does the world seem so loud? As we know from raising children, the loudest gets the most attention. God's voice of truth silently speaks love in my life. You say you've never heard God speak? It doesn't have to be an audible sound,

I encourage you with this this: Your inmost being knows the sound of the Lord. God is a speaking Spirit. I know ...I just talked to Him.

What are you listening to the most?

No comments: