Saturday, October 25, 2014

"You're in trouble"


I don't even don't know how to start this post.  What I've said about me is that I could have ten conversations at the same time, as if ten people are talking all at once.  

About ten different topics.

It's so hard to put all those topics into words, to make sensible conversations, sensible truths and make them all circle back around and connect.  And yet, for me most days it happens.  

Every time I read the Bible, the Holy Spirit speaks to me on the very day that I needed to hear exactly what I needed to hear.  And when I think about that...it causes my spirit to stir.  Not just a "I'll think about that later" stir but a deep discovery stir.  I want to know more about the character of God.  

His stories stir my spirit.  So grateful for the supernatural work that happens when you crack open God's instruction book.  We tend to think of instructions of any kind as a negative thing, as disobedient children being called into the principals office to hear..."You are in trouble."  That's not true with God.  God is our loving Father and everything He says and does is out of love for us.  For me.  For you.  About ten times over.  

But God is right about one thing, we are in trouble in this world.  John 16:33 says, "I have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.”

Do you know how hard it is to encapsulate God in a single blog post?  It can't be done, why even the greatest storybook, the Bible, couldn't contain all of God's stories.  And yet in the currency that is God speaking to us every we seek Him, He teaches us about His character over and over about every last one of our ten topics that are currently and deeply stirring.

By His grace, we are directed, instructed, and guided by the stories that were inspired by His Spirit long ago.  I learn more and more about God every time I ask and seek and listen to Him speak.  I love how current God's Word is, like it was written an hour ago.  Our challenge is that we must make time for the encouragement that is always found there.  As if it's the ONLY way to live out our days in whatever current situation, construction, restoration, directions and trouble of this life or in all the seasons we currently find ourselves in.

I find comfort in the fact that when I grip God's heart, as expressed in His words to me when I'm troubled or not, that it is perfect for whatever is stirring inside.  I need a constant reminder to remain in living out my days in God's peaceful and orderly plans.  I trust His rest in my best use of time about the numerous topics that are currently stirring my spirit.

What God starts are those things that He perfects.  Things, aspects, plans have already been perfected in us but yet undiscovered, or uncovered or to be restored.  The matter of your story, life crisis, life's joy, or whatever and all of the ten topics that are stirring deeply in your spirit or just on the surface, know that each story counts.  God remains in the restoration business and the encouragement of truth applied to our lives is available 24 hours a day, and seven days a week.  God is always listening to our cries, our spirits, our praises, our gratefulness and listens in our troubled, burdened tears.  

And friends, you want to know what I find as great encouragement about God's love and faithfulness?  It's the fact that He perfects me, as if my one little story counts, as if He only speaks to me, and He has all the time I need.  Each time, all the time. 

My time spent listening to Him has directed me to His faithfulness in how He listens, how He loves and how He shows His character.  When I come to His place, with so many topics, with my little ten conversations that stir the deep parts of my heart, I can see more of His supernatural perfecting in who I am, as He perfects me be more like Him.  

Wow!  I don't know how to start a post that says that.  Today I am out of words. How are you encouraged by reading the Bible? 




No comments: