Sunday, November 2, 2014

I want to break up with this blog



The other day I saw this sign. It said to remember my why and my who. You know....since we are friends I don't mind telling you that it's easy to get lost in the giant sea of words of blogs and books. There are so many who have been inspired more than I have and put it so grammatically correct. It's easy to forget why you do something and get caught up in the numbers game.

I've wanted to break up with this blog many times.   In saying that out loud is an admission to doubt that weighs against me.

That has all changed now.  There is great power in words.

What exactly do I do anyway? Have you ever asked yourself that question? It's a good reminder of what makes you get out of bed to put on socks every the morning and it helps to put feet to your prayers.

What are the abilities that God has planted in you?

Why do we do what we do? I write because it keeps my soul alive. I realize that's a super-sounding and supremely spiritual answer. It actually goes much deeper than that. I write to make a difference. I write to be a part of something bigger than myself. I write to be a part of God's bigger work in your life. I write because it's a part of God's bigger work in me. 

By doubting what God has created in me is discounting His craftsmanship in me.  What about you?  How many times have you asked God what you are good at?

"Don't discount the power of words." Kasie said. One day I was talking to my friend who knew that I blogged. We agreed that all of history was written with words that still move and inspire us today.   Think about how empty our world would be with out them.

Simply said, words matter.  The world as we know it was spoken in existence.   "Let there be..."

Martin Luther says if you want to change the world "pick up your pen and write." He changed the world and wrote down the 95 Theses. Then stood his ground when it came to standing on faith. His writings started the Reformation and changed the church culture.  Changes in the church culture are still happening today through the power of words and the power through God's Word.

It's a mind-blowing thought, that our Holy God, the God of the universe loves us and has written His love story on our hearts. All we need to do is walk in His love, submit to His authority and live out His holy design on our lives.

Words have power.  Words are a conduit of His power.


Doing the art that our Creator has designed us for is a way to return praise back to Him. Micheal Hyatt says we all have a story inside of us. God has already autographed each one, given you a creative title and a great Love interest to match our hearts, to develop the divine workmanship given inside of us.  We all have a special and unique book jacket with a glossy cover and well timed colorful future.

Have confidence and move forward in doing what you do.

What God plants, He develops.  What God seeds, He grows.  What He grows, He feeds and nourishes.  As God nourishes, so will He flourish.   As you flourish you stay plugged into His design, remaining in the fruit God is bearing in you, but also through you.

"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
planted in the house of the Lord,
they will flourish in the courts of our God."  
-Psalm 92:12-13

I've told myself that I needed to break up with this blog because I don't think that it matters the words that are written here.  God told me..."You have My attention, that's all the attention you need.   Let Me promote you."  God reminds me that the size of this blog doesn't matter, but my confidence in Him does. And then I remember why I do what I do.

Do you think about why you do what you do?


No comments: