Tuesday, July 20, 2010

300!!

I am celebrating my 300th blog!! Woo-Hoo!! I don't really care because I am not a numbers person.

BUT I have recently become addicted to Sudoku puzzles. In fact, I wish I was doing one right now instead of blogging. I think they are kind of hard, but I like challenging my brain. Plain and simple. I need to do more brain exercises. I have yet to do one without making a mess of them. I guess I need to do them in pencil. I like the fact that maybe a new wrinkle is forming up in the 'ole cranium. I also like the fact that maybe someday I can do a complicated math equations in my head. I like to dream about calculating hard math equations. Remember I am not a numbers person. Maybe, just maybe, I will concoct some kind of scientific formula that would impact the world, all because I am doing sudokus!!

Ha-ha! Not likely. But I like to dream don't you? Sunday I heard a message on dreaming. It's ok to do it. It's ok to have hope of how things might be different someday. God dreamed of my life before I was born. Ephesians 1: 3-5 says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be held and blameless before him. In love He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will." God has our future all planned out. I am thankful that God thought about me....before the foundation of the world. That thought blows me away!! Now, knowing that...means that I want to live out his purpose in my life in EVERY area! Some days, I am on task, on point, but then others, I am floundering out here in "La-La Land." My challenge to my self is to not live with the "if....then" mentality. Live life in this moment, living it as loud as you can, every moment I can. Try new things, don't be afraid to dream, face your fears, chase those lions (thanks Mark Batterson for writing a book about it) and being all that I can be for Jesus. And remember that I am not a numbers person, I am also dreaming of doing a sudoko without making a mistake.


No comments: