Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Perfect Outfit

My closet is crammed full of clothes. I will just assume that yours is the same. I know there are things in there I can get rid of and should. I have a hard time letting go because I can wear almost everything in there, which is a new thing for me. Since losing 104 lbs. everything just about fits. Okay....so I have few pairs of jeans that create that "muffin top" and have a few tops that cling way to much to my "moss on the rock". Needless to say, I have plenty of options. Sometimes it is overwhelming the choices, and I feel a little guilty for have soooo much when others have so little.

My 4 a.m. conversation in my mind, is always about this daily choice I have to make, to decide "What am I going to wear today?" Today I read something in Colossians 3:12 -14 struck home with me as to what we really should be clothing ourselves with:

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.13 Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.

What a great visual as we get dressed for Christ, to be His best representation and to look our best. So don't forget to put on the perfect outfit every day!

P.S. No, this really isn't my closet....who would wear that Pink/purple combo? UGH!

No comments: