Thursday, March 24, 2011

There's Something About These Words

I received this email from our friend SSgt. Annalisa Hernandez, serving in the Air Force in Kabul, Afghanistan,
"Thirteen years ago I raised my right hand said, 'I, Annalisa Hernandez, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

It was my Dad, Retired Major Jose Hernandez that read the oath I repeated. I was the second of his three children that he swore into the Air Force! I just wanted to share with you my personal milestone... Blessings ~ Annalisa. "Chaplain Chic"

Why did I post this? Because of the sacrifice in see in her words. I was able to read her thoughts behind why she chooses to serve our country in the fight for freedom. She is a truth bearer, is loyal, and willing to put her life on the line....for my freedom. Wow...what a hero.
See her sacrifice. She is separated from her young son who is being cared for by grandparents in the U.S. I can't imagine how her heart hurts for him. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. Her words of sacrificial promise stir me deeply.

Thank you for reading, thank you for praying for our brothers and sisters in the military!

P.S. Your pledge of support keeps families like this connected. Be a part of what God is doing in
Afghanistan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janelle, thank you for sharing Annalisa's story with us. I happen to also know Annalisa who is for anyone who knows her a blessing to us all. My prayers are with her and her baby boy during this time of separation. :( I know it's not easy. As a witness to the sacrifices of the military, I see the strain that deployments and separations can place on families. As Annalisa has been seperated for an undisclosed amount of time, I ask God that somehow He has been able to engrain the image, smell, sound and touch of Annalisa into Baby Joseph's mind and heart. That when Annalisa returns it would be as if she never left. Also, that the time that they are together, would be slowed down and the time they are apart would speed up. I ask the Lord for continued strength and sense of fulfillment for Annalisa in the work she continues to do each day that passes. I thank the Lord for Annalisa's parents that give so much of themselves not only to each one in their family but also the millions of families across the United States and the rest of God's creation through their military service. I ask for continued protection, discernment, and wisdom as each of them continue throughout their daily tasks. And lastly, I ask God to bring Annalisa home soon, to be surrounded by her friends and loved ones again. Janelle, thank you for spreading the opportunity Annalisa has been given in your blog. Thank you for taking the time and energy to put down your thoughts. I know many others will be blessed.

-a friend