Friday, May 13, 2011

Quitter!! It's Big Deal.

Do you have a dream? Something that you long to do and do with excellence? I believe that God plants dreams in our hearts along with the gifts that He gives us. I have a dream to be a writer. And when I was asked to be a part of the Quitter 100, I was honored to be chosen. In this pivotal book, Jon Acuff talks about "hinge" moments in your life that define and turn you in a certain direction. This book was definitely a hinge moment for me. It is written in an easy to read format, but what connects you to Acuff is his transparent journey in accomplishing his dream.

Page by page it was like Jon had written my dream and then told me how to accomplish it. With the encouragement given in Quitter, it is exactly what is needed for anyone looking to discover what their dream is. Acuff gives validation and freedom in moving forward with your pursuit but also gives sound advice to see your dream a reality. His example closes the deep chasm between your dreams and your day job.

For now, I will wait for my dream to unfold. There is freedom and wisdom in waiting. I will have to put some muscle to it, and probably a whole lot of hustle. This book was inspiring for me. It has stirred up a forward motion in my dream and brought a hope that I was missing. It is an incredible book with a practical message for all those clinging tight to their "someday" moment.

As a thank you for being 1 of 100 Quitter readers, my name was published on page 243!! In my opinion, it is a genius marketing plan. To order the book you can look here.


Do you have a dream? What is it?

No comments: