Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Damage Control

Living in Oklahoma we are used to storms. Pictured is our tower on the ground for our Oklahoma City 88.5 The House FM station. Living life at my house I am used to storms, but that doesn't make it easier to take really. Every time I hear of tragedies, it impacts me. The day after multiple F-4 tornado's wreaked havoc in our state, I have these thoughts.

A loss is still a loss. Be it property, technology towers, etc. Whatever it is...yes, important to us, it is just stuff. Let's get a perspective here. Stuff can be replaced.

Loss of life is significant. I can't get over that. And I don't have any answers to why a 15-month died and I didn't. Only God knows.

In the aftermath, I turn turn to God. That is where I find peace, strength, comfort, and I trust Him to hold my heart when it hurts for the 15-month old, for the nameless that lost their lives. I don't understand the "why" questions but then I am not God. I am thankful that I am not.

In the life's destruction, we have to work hard to make repairs. God is still in the restoration business. This storm and it's aftermath will make us stronger because I know I will see God work. I am looking for Him. I pray that He may be glorified in the mending process.

More words coming soon. Ps. 34:18 ~ "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Our God is might to save.

1 comment:

PK said...

love that verse Janelle :)