Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Demanding Diva

Yesterday I posted my friendship requirement list. It was really my way of challenging myself to the level of friendship that Jesus requires of me.


Yes, we can be friends with God.  John 15:15 "I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father."  


How can I be friends with the Holy One?  


The answer is found in Proverbs 22:11 "He who loves a pure heart and whole speech is gracious will have the king for his friend."


So what does that look like in my life?  It's being available 24/7 and being a good listener. It's being lovable and kind, trustworthy with your secrets.  It's keeping close to Jesus.  It's me living out Micah 6:8.  It's not being easily offended.  It is not being jealous of Jon Acuff's success' in his middle while I am at the start line.  It's me using the fruits of the Spirit, including long-suffering.


So what does your friendship look like?  God has called me to be His best in even in relationships.  Being a good friend is a choice.  You have to decide for yourself.  These qualities make me look like a demanding diva.  I am great with that.  


How are you being a friend to others?  How are you showing His love?


No comments: