Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Clean House

Nothing says a good feeling than when you lay down in your bed at night and know that you have cleaned all the cobwebs from the corners of your house. But then I am a neat freak.  I am amazed the amount of dirt I am content to live with.  Once I find out about it though WATCH OUT!!  I am like a starvin' man on a Christmas ham....it must be eliminated.  

So as I was cleaning...my mind goes to the "spiritual cleaning" that needs to take place to maintain a life pleasing to God.  That is something that I strive for. 
I am on a quest to be all that I can be for my Creator.  I know...you think that sounds weird or hokey.  But I want my life to be the best example of a life faith that I can make it be.  If you are struggling in some area of your life to be the best whatever "fill-in-your-blank here", well you may want to continue reading.  The answers are sometimes simple.  And remember...anything worth doing takes some effort.  


To be the best for Christ we must remain in Him:

Remain in his Word

Remain in Christian fellowship

Remain consistent in prayer

Remain amazed by God's creation

Remain faithful in service.

God gives us these outlets so that we can remain in Him.  We need to be connected to God.  He knows that times are tough.  He knows that there are tougher times ahead.  He knows your past disasters. He sees the hurting the lost, the loss, the pain, the death, the cancer, the messes we get ourselves in.  He sees your hurts.  He doesn't want us wandering in this life alone.  He knows we can't do this by ourselves.  He gives us ways to draw close to Him.

John 15: 5 - 8  "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

Are you willing to do a little "house" cleaning?

No comments: