Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Later Not Now

My type of personality presents a “go” mentality. When problems present themselves I immediately search for or seek out a solution.  It drives me crazy, and believe me, it's a trip that I make often.  I am on the hunt for answers constantly.  I need a fix..for all things broken!  

So when I stepped on the scale the other day and it showed no mercy, I sensed God speaking to me after I worked through the tears. Janelle...think about LATER, not NOW.  I am building obedience back into your heart.  It was then, I understood that obedience of the heart was better than the number on the scale.  


I have been working hard to jump start this weighty action plan back into motion.  Some say I am a freak with my "two-a-days".  But I want a fix and I want it now.  When God knocked me off the scale, he was burning his brand of obedience.  He was asking me to lay down my will and submit to His plan, trusting Him for His results and timing.  He is asking me to submit my schedule to shape my waistline.  It is a long obedience in the right direction.  He will reap what I sow.  My responsiblity is to follow, to continue. 


I have to trust the work that God has promised to do in my life, because God has worked in this area before.  I have lost 104 lbs. previous to this current setback.  That is proof, but not only that, no matter what the issue is, if I am seeking His best, and I believe choosing healthy options for food and exercise are, then God will honor those intentions and actions.  He will work through those to bring His results, later.  


I won't allow the numbers to discourage.  Big or small, whatever you need fixed, maybe there needs to be obedience first before the fix comes.  He gives strength, wisdom and courage to find a way out of your mess. He has enough grace to cover your setbacks. But don’t ignore His voice.  Before you even begin, plan on seeing it through, plan on seeing Him in the results.  Months from now, one day at a time, I'll be glad I obeyed.  I will be glad that I followed.     



Galatians 6:6-8 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is what God has been showing me this week, I have to obey and turn my crutch over to him even if I never achieve what the world might perceive to be my 'ideal'weight. I have to achieve God's ideal for me. Thanks again for your blogs. You are helping others by writing about what you are going through!!