Monday, September 26, 2011

Music Monday [Always]

Yesterday morning, on The House FM's House of Worship I heard this song by Kristen Standfill "Always".  It was balm for my aching soul.



My foes are many, they rise against me
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way


Chorus
Oh my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always
Always


Bridge
Trouble surrounds me, chaos abounding
But my soul will rest in You, I will not fear the war
I will not fear the storm, my help is on the way
My help is on the way


Repeat
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord


I don't know all you are going through.....what you have been through.


But some of you... I do.  Just this past week...I heard you tell me about something that you lost, someone you loved that has gone away and you are wanting them to come home...and come back to God.  You told me about about the thoughts of taking your life daily and how those thoughts are getting fewer.  You told me that your work place got broken into as a result of vandals.  You told me about how God was getting you through kidney cancer.  


I was eager to listen and listened well.  I felt your pain.  Deep inside I was crying for you.  God, how can we go through all of this?  I was deeply moved by the hope I saw in your eyes.


Somehow God gets us through.  I still have trouble that swirls in my own life. There are "storms" everywhere.  Yes, trouble surrounds us all and certainly makes chaos in our lives but through it all I will not fear.  God is with us.  He doesn't always take away the storm.....in some storms, he just calms his children.  I don't understand his timing, I don't understand His delays.  I do understand that God is God and He is my help.  When I look to Him, I always find help, I always find hope..Always

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Needed to read this right now. I am waiting until 8 to call the Dr.s to see if I need to take my husband to the hospital. God is Always there in every storm. When I looked on here it showed you had just posted this 27 seconds ago. God's timing. He knew I needed to see this right now!

Unknown said...

Brenda...Hang in there and hang on...God is with you!