Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Restless

There are seasons that one goes through in your spiritual journey that lead to discoveries about yourself and about God.  It's all in an attempt to be close to God, to deepen your relationship with God, to grow as a disciple.  So how does this work out in  your life?


Today...I was again stopped in my tracks as I read Ephesians 5:1 "Be imitators of God."  Simple, clear, direct.  You get to know someone when you spend time with the One.  One thing that I have spent time in the past several years is spending time in God's words that He has written with me in mind.  I have gotten to know about who my Creator is.  There is still a lot to learn and  I am excited about what lessons are around the corners.


So how do I imitate God?  Some days I don't know where to start.  But I always come back to His "to-do" list ....the fruit of the Spirit.  These are key.


Lavish love.


Generate joy.


Parcel peace.


Practice patience.


Kindle kindness.


Give gentleness.


Grant goodness.


Furnish faithfulness


Show self-control.


Against these things there is no law.  Nothing compares to the life of Spirit-filled fruit....the godly fruit that can only come from the One.  Get to know Him.  Imitate Him.  It makes for a better life so I read.  

Which character trait do you have practice over and over?

No comments: