Monday, November 14, 2011

Music Monday [Our God]

You have sung this song as you worshipped in church or perhaps it was just you and God alone in your car.  Either place it's hard not to acknowledge God in a moment of worship when you sing this song.  It's just that powerful.    


Yesterday in church, we sang it again.  For me it was a much needed reminder that no matter how hard life is swirling around me right now...that our God is greater.  I know that doesn't answer all my questions, or take away all my tears but still..it was comforting to know.  


Water You turned into wine
Open the eyes of the blind
There's no one like You
None like You
Into the darkness You shining
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like You
None like You

CHORUS
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... 

Into the darkness you shining
Out of the ashes we Rise
There's no One like You
None like You.

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... 
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God... 

BRIDGE
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?

Chorus 

My favorite line is "And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?"  Is 41:10 says "Do not be afraid for I am with you, do not be dismayed because I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."



God is with us in the form of the Holy Spirit living on the inside.  If you have accepted Jesus, the Spirit lives on your insides too.  Is. 41:10 promises that God is with me, and if I know that, then what do I have to fear?  What could stand up against me in defeat?  Nothing...not brokenness in your family relationships, broken health, hunger, broken marriage, buried hurts, evil that prospers, unexpected death...nothing...NOTHING!


That's powerful!  That's the incredible God who loves us and pursues us, not based on our behavior, but on His character.  How could I be disappointed or dismayed in that?  I'll take His righteous right hand any day...I want to be on God's side.



No comments: