Friday, November 11, 2011

That's Broken!

One of my memory verses has been my anchor to cling to.  
Psalm 147: 3  God heals the broken hearted and binds all their wounds.  
I love this verse. 


We live in a broken world.  A lot of broken stuff camps out at my house.  Nothing like what resides in Africa, but broken...none-the-less.  I have a broken garage that still needs repair, I have a leaking shower, and a broken garbage disposal.  There are cracks in my kitchen floor that I refuse to fix.  They remind me of how grateful I am have a floor that is not dirt.    I have a cat... some people would consider that to be broken.    


Some of you know that there is a constant medical condition that lives in my house as well.  For years my husband has been plagued with one medical problem after another, since his cancer days many years ago. God has taken care of his cancer but he suffers with other daily and painful issues.  Some days are harder than others, but he endures.  There are days when just to geting out of bed is his feat of strength.


Psalm 147:3 offers me hope and it should you too.  Whatever your broken state is, whether it's finances, your marriage, your health, your heart, know that God heals.  He may not provide the healing you want, and it may not come this side of Heaven, but He heals.  Why does he do it quicker for some and not others?  ....I don't know.  I also know that He binds with His mercy.  He brings together circumstances and situations for "all those who love Him and are called according to His purpose."  I know that if God is in it, then it has to be good.  


Through all my brokenness I have discovered:  
God is Good
God is for us
God loves
God restores
God is able


I wouldn't have known these things without all of the broken that swirls around me.  Out of the broken emerges a faith that is stronger, deeper, and full of hope.  It's hard to think that I may have caused some of the unfixable things, it's hard to think that God has allowed these hard times to cross my path, but I can't imagine going one inch further forward without Him.  


So yes, even though times are tough and things are not always like I would have preferred nor problem-free, there has been a growth, a desire and passion to know Him more.  I strive to live free and whole as a loved daughter in Christ should, but also a burning desire to go the distance of brokenness to dwell in His presence.  Once there...my heart and soul are healed and my heart-wounds are bound.  He holds them firmly in His capable hands, gripped in His grace.

Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue. ~ Eugene Gladstone ONeil

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for sharing!!