Monday, February 13, 2012

Music Monday [Empty Hands]


Tenth Avenue North 

This song was written by Mike Donehey of Tenth Avenue North.  Although we don't play it on The House FM, it's still a great song!  The lyrics were given to me by a dear friend and really helped me through a difficult day.  Let the words bring you hope.


I've got voices in my head and they are so strong
And I'm getting sick of this oh Lord, how long
Will I be haunted by the fear that I believe
My hands like locks on cages
Of these dreams I can't set free

But if I let these dreams die
If I lay down all my wounded pride
If I let these dreams die
Will I find that letting go lets me come alive

So empty my hands
Fill up my heart
Capture my mind with you

These voices speak instead and what's right is wrong
And I'm giving into them, please Lord, how long
Will I be held captive by the lies that I believe
My heart's in constant chaos and it keeps me so deceived

But if I let these dreams die
If I could just lay down my dark desire
If I let these dreams die
Will I find you brought me back to life

My mind is like a building burning down
I need your grace to keep me, keep me from the ground
And my heart is just a prisoner of war
A slave to what it wants and to what I'm fighting for



Which voices you are listening too?  God's or the worlds?  The Enemy likes to dish up attractive lies that we so easily swallow.  You know Satan doesn't have any new tools in his tool belt, because the same three still work...he steals..he kills...he destroys.  What does God require of us?  Full surrender with empty hands...So that God and only God can fill us.  Seek Him...you will find Him.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

May we always surrendar with empty hands for God to fill!! Sometimes it seems He has to bring me to that point. You would think that I would learn!

Anonymous said...

Great song. I remember another one named "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns, that had a similar great message. The best and most encouraging part for me is the last line of the chorus...

"I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth".

I like this line because it always encourages me to make the correct choice no matter what other voices I hear. ~ Dave