Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So This Chaos...



I have figured out that there is chaos in my life. 


There are a lot of things, stuff, activities, work, play where things are out of balance. 


I want to do something about it.  From where I sit and type this...there is no physical rest in sight.  


With this chaos, comes spiritual clutter.    


So in this mess...it's a good thing God has my tomorrows.


I have been taking a hard look at my world.  It pays to be critical of yourself sometimes under the scope of the Holy Spirit.  


All I can do is offer my perspective about what God is doing here in my spaces and places.  


God has been decluttering my heart.    


That's a good thing.  That brings healing.  


It brings open spaces, open places and revived beginnings.


For new things to begin, for the new.


For peace to invade, for God's comfort to infect.


For God's work to perfect and complete.  


Philippians 1:6  "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."


There is work to be done.  Who's with me?


Let's think about this messy work an act of worship.


I wait expectantly for what is in store as well designed changes.

As I unhinge myself from the familiar things here on earth that will one day turn to dust, please God fill me with your Spirit's refreshing awareness of peace and rest.  

I rest in His organized hand of gifts.  I seek Him as the most prized possession of all. 

Let's roll up our sleeves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am going through a decluttering process also. Thanks for your posts. They always speak to my heart!