Monday, April 16, 2012

Music Monday [This Is The Day]

Today's post is brought you by Phil Wickham.  Phil has simply put my daily "to-do" list to lyrics.


Everyday, I must surrender to God's grace and mercy.  Every day I must reset.  
I am not perfect, I can't be.  There is only one who is and His name is Jesus.


Everyday, when I read God's words to me, I am reminded of His mercy and grace that flows from each syllable.   "Can you hear it?"  Yes, it oozes from what I read, it's the gentle voice of the Spirit speaking straight to me.  And indeed it does call me to life, to His life of who I am and what I am called to do.  I need that so desperately each and every day.


So in prayer I surrender...as I run into the arms of my Savior.  And he is faithful to always be there, each and every time.  He doesn't move or relocate when he sees me coming.  Nor does He play hide and seek.  When I seek Him, I find Him.  I need that so desperately each and every day.  


As I move towards God, His glorious light makes my heart shine.  


Each day, I want it experience a new beginning.  Each day, as I bask in His mercy and grace, new each morning, it's good to be embraced in the arms of lavish love.  It brings hope to my day, it brings hope to my life.  I need hope every day. 


Not only is there a light that shines in my heart but there is a light that shines in the darkness that illuminates truth, so that when I align my heart with truth I am gently reminded where I need to change or put my focus. I need that reminder of purpose everyday.

I can see that Isaiah had the same ideas about meeting God...


To open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. Is. 42:7 


Can you see it?
A light shines into the darkness
Bringing hope to the hopeless
It's leading you to life



God's word illuminates my darkness to reveal His light.  That's is where my hope comes from.  And for me....I believe every word I read.  I so desperately need truth each day.

"You cannot expect to be victorious, if the day begins only in your own strength. Face the work of every day with the influence of a few thoughtful, quiet moments with your heart and God. Do not meet other people, even those of your own home, until you have first met the great Guest and honored Companion of your life–Jesus Christ.  Meet Him alone. Meet Him regularly. Meet Him with His open Book of counsel before you; and face the regular and the irregular duties of each day with the influence of His personality definitely controlling your every action." ~ Streams From The Desert
Do you meet with God everyday?  Do you give Him your first part of your day?  What part of God's word is speaking to you right now?

No comments: