Monday, May 21, 2012

Music Monday [Letting Go]

Free falling
The other day I set a Favorite Song Alert to this song...Letting Go by Stephanie Smith.  I don't want to miss this song when it comes on the radio.  It's a reminder of what God is trying to teach me, to let go and trust Him.  So far...and I've read the Book, and in trusting God....He wins everytime.  Daily I get the opportunity to let God control something. I'm pretty sure that is His plan for my life.  The Heavens know that I am pretty good botching things...so I am rather thankful that I can't control my world.  Last time I looked God is doing good at that.  


There are times that I like to think I know what I am doing...and then it's in those times that God will ask me a simple question...Do you trust me?  When you are faced with a closed door, those are hard to handle.  When I can't see the key to unlock the mystery that is Christ, he gently reminds me that I don't have to hold the key just yet.  I just need to hold on for dear life.  


White knuckles are common in my faith rollercoaster ride.  Comfort comes when I know my Master is at the controls.  In letting go it really gives me freedom to enjoy the ride he has mapped out for me.  So yes... it is funny that it feels so good to let go of those petty details that don't matter.   


"A lock without a key

No one no way was ever gonna 

get the best of me

The lines were drawn
But now I'm ready to be free"


In my surrender, God brings freedom.
In my stupidity, God brings wisdom
In my fear, God brings peace
In my loneliness, God brings His presence
In my grip, God brings comfort
In my letting go, God brings control.


Letting go for God's wisdom is a daily priority.  I don't know what I am doing, but as He captivates, He holds my big picture in His heart.  If He has the controls, I don't have to worry.  I know that I couldn't do better than His best.  That's reason enough for me to let go.  He has every part of me in His hands.  He catches me every time, He's always there where I land, even anticipating the point of impact of this free fall from the edge.  


Look out below...


P.S. Here's a video to the song.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another great post and song, I am always letting go again! Why do I do that?

Anonymous said...

Story of my life, Janelle! Thanks for sharing about learning to let go! ~ Charmaine