Tuesday, May 8, 2012

No Doubt!



Confession time...If there is one thing the enemy can use against me..it's doubt.  I hate the "D" word.  


Is there a word you despise?  For me, doubt robs.  It steals peace, it causes worry.  Removes trust.


It breeds condemnation and goes against the grains of truth.  I tend to swallow it whole.  It breaks communication with God.  


Even though it's a hard pill to swallow, I willingly gulp it down.


The Truth is though, that God doesn't condemn.  He loves.  It's simple really.


The world tells me ...


that I am unworthy.  God shows me Psalm 139.


My sin tells me ...


that I don't deserve.  God shows me the cross.


Doubt pounds down my resolve.  God shows me to trust.


Don't let doubt torment your soul.  


"Whenever our hearts in [tormenting] self-accusation make us feel guilty and condemn us. [For we are in God’s hands.] For He is above and greater than our consciences (our hearts), and He knows (perceives and understands) everything [nothing is hidden from Him].  And, beloved, if our consciences (our hearts) do not accuse us [if they do not make us feel guilty and condemn us], we have confidence (complete assurance and boldness) before God!" ~ 
1 John 3:20 AMP



God has called us by name according Isaiah 43:1.  We are his children.  That's a promise I can't doubt.  I don't have to just wish...or have false hope.

This is deep-down-in-my-heart-and-soul confidence.  
Something that runs this deep in promise is truth that I can't doubt.  

Cling to this truth...it's all we have.  


What’s a doubt that consumes your heart?  How have you been struggling with doubt?


No comments: