Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Being the Illustration on God's Whiteboard



Perhaps I have made this look too easy.


Most days it's not.  Some of my current drafts will never make the cut.  There are days when I still want to guard my words around you.  Needless to say, I am a work in progress.  


Please know this...that God has really been re-purposing my heart in His  white board space.  I have left my need for your approval back on some fence post months ago.  This is now a place where I can breath a little.  


I won't write all my thoughts to you. 
Only what God puts on my heart.  
God's whiteboard is very full of illustrations, and I still have some work to do.  
Some projects will be for "His eyes only" as they reveal my ugly underbelly.  God can handle my honesty though.  


There are times I get bogged down in my own imperfections in communicating.  I am my own worst critic.  That is a tender place where God is healing me.  I am a mess, with straight up crazy thoughts that sometimes make sense and sometimes don't.  I muddle through them best I know how but feel like I am making small progress.  My heart and mind stir constantly.  


Ps. 1:2-3 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.


When is my best work done?  When I spend time with the One who inspires.  
His best work is done in me when I love Him most. 
God, ignite your dreams in me, fan the flame.  


Can you give God five minutes today?

No comments: