Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pushing the Panic Button at 3 PM

When I started this writing gig, it was supposed to be fun.  I didn't know the places it would take my heart.  There are times that I struggle with what to share with you.  I don't know if you are ready.  I don't know if I am ready.

Are you willing to follow along?

I have learned a lot about myself in this place and God has used it for good.  There has been some heart changes made.  

So if you follow along then I may take you to some interesting and uncomfortable places.  

But...can I trust you?    

I've realized that when the clock strikes 3 p.m., I wanted to hit the panic button.  That's when my posts start hitting your inbox.  I used to be a little afraid of that.  Okay....so...I was more than a little afraid of that.  

My fear was fueled by lying seeds of doubt sown by the enemy who likes to cause confusion and feelings of failure.  Fear grips growth and chokes out creativity.  

God has since shown me that I don't have to be afraid of your gaze anymore.  

In a most clear understanding, God asked me 
"Will you trust Me with the words I give you?"  

Awareness of my lack of trust was just the jolt I needed for this liberating breakthrough. 

So I am turning the page on this little blog journey.  I am writing as He leads and the fun parts are still yet to come.  That is, of course, knowing and trusting that God is growing this writing gig in me.  

Are you still willing to follow along?  I put many heart thoughts here, so please, oh please...don't stomp on them.  

Have you ever been afraid to start or continue something where God is leading you?

Don't panic!  You don't have to be afraid.  God's already got plans for you!


"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed."
  Proverbs 16:3



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am ready to follow you writing and see what God leads you to and in the process of you following His will helping others through your words!

Unknown said...

Thanks Brenda for your encouragement. Appreciate your faithfulness in reading!

Sheryl said...

Oh friend. Oh. I have learned so much - about you, about God, about me - from reading your blogs. You enlighten, encourage, examine, convict, hold accountable, entertain, amuse, hold up mirrors, laugh, cry... Oh, friend...

Breann said...

Thanks again Janelle, I love reading your blog! So inspiring! =)