Monday, June 11, 2012

Love Music - Love Monday {Proof Of Your Love}

Don't be a clanging symbol.
This week's song from For King & Country is getting high remarks.  People are wanting to hear it more and more.  So am I.  The Message version of 1 Corinthians 13 certainly brings the song to life.  Infusing God's words into song lyrics is always a win in my book.


The song centers around the perfect love of God and because of that love, we are to give it out to everyone we meet.  But not only give love, but live love.  God's love has to be center.  It has to be our why.  It must be our motivator to be the "why we do what we do" and our compelling reason for reaching out to everyone.  Christ's love is all and if you doubt that, read Colossians.  Paul has set that truth straight.  Because Christ's love is all, then we as followers of Christ, must and are called to, speak love.  If we don't share with the love of Christ, then we are just clanging symbols...making unnecessary noise.  Make your noise in name of Love.   

If I speak with a silver tongue
Convince a crowd but don't have love
I leave a bitter taste
With every word I say

If I give to a needy soul
But don't have love then who is poor
It seems all the poverty
Is found in me

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-7, The Message)



Dear God, may the words of my mouth be always filled with your Love.  

1 comment:

Sassy_88 said...

Absolutely love this song & message! We went over this last Wednesday at church and it was amazing. Truly a reminder to let the words we speak be of love not hate.

Love your encouraging words Janelle!