Monday, July 9, 2012

Music Monday - {Gold}

Beckah Shae Standing Firm Like Gold
This week's pick for Music Monday is from Beckah Shea with "Gold".  Not only does the song have some really good beats but it beats truth into my mind when I hear it.  The one line that jumps out of the speakers is this one...


"This fire is makin’ me better, refined it don’t matter whether".


It's obvious to me that Beckah is familiar with trials and tribulations that befall most Christians.  Her perspective is honorable and admirable.  She wouldn't be talking about it, like it's a gold thing, unless God has revealed Himself through it.  

In this one line, I am reminded that it's worth it.  The journey of faith, whatever my circumstances has taught me more about God than I could have ever imagined.  That's the way God works.



These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:7 


God loves to break us through whatever painful circumstances that come our way so that He can be our hero and either deliver us from our problems or show us how to fix the problem.  He wants us to trust Him to help us through.  He loves us so much that He knows we can't do this life on our own, so when everything falls apart, that's when he wants us to look to Him for help and deliverance, not to the patterns of this world.  He wants us to trust Him to provide or take care of or deliver us.  In doing just that He shows His mercy, grace and love.   He  brings His awesome to every situation and when invited into all of the details, He reveals His faithfulness.

I know..I have been there many times too.  I have suffered through many desert storms.  And through them, I do know God better and my trust has deepened because of the sand that pelts my face.  This life we call a joy-filled journey is exactly that.  Filled with moments of joyful experiences where I have walked and sometimes crawled to the feet of Jesus, and once there, I have found that He and only He is the oasis.  The hope that we have is that as we go through tough times, that God has promised to never leave us or forsake us.  He is there with us in His refining process.  And even though it hurts sometimes, it still makes us better, more like Christ.  Like gold.

No comments: