Tuesday, May 21, 2013

For your worst day ever

Photo provided by Little_Karen
This blog title is written on page 481 in my Bible as a sub-title over some very comforting words. I have read it many times and have underlined practically all of it. Each time I read the eleven verses, I find strength and comfort. I have to admit I read it on my non-worst days too. 

There are many hurting hearts today, hearts that are facing the loss of life, property and faith. I can't help but offer you encouragement during this difficult time, as these eleven verses have captured my heart and offered hope in some of my most lonely and desolate days. I don't know what you are going through personally but I have weathered some storms in my own life and have needed a strong anchor to keep me grounded.  These eleven verses are a strong reminder of God's presence and tender love for me.

My prayer is that this helps you on your worst day, whatever you are facing today.

Psalm 46
1. God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3. though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

4.  There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5.  God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6.  Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7.  The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8.  Come and see what the Lord has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9.  He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
10.  He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
11.  The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

When sorrow shapes my faith, I can only turn to the One who is Faithful.  When tragedy shakes my life circumstances, I can only run to the God is who is unshakable.  When I don't understand the 'whys', I can only sit at the feet of my mighty and powerful God who has a grander purpose in pain.  When you have a bad day and wonder what's coming next, look to Jesus who knows what you are going through.  He will never leave you alone on your worst day.




No comments: