Monday, August 19, 2013

Why I love my Pastor & my last Tweet

Photo Credit:  Llima
If someone asked you if you loved your Pastor...what would you say?  Do you ever think about that? 

Do you ever pray for the man who is serving in one of the loneliest jobs in the church today?

Think about how he has to spend time studying truth to teach you the Truth?

How about the countless times he is available for those who need prayer?  

Who do you talk to about those huge spiritual topics that weigh your heart so heavy?  

Where does a pastor's family fit into his availability picture?  

What kind of life outside of ministry of the church does the guy actually have?  

Being on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week is a bigger job than I would sign up for.

And always having the right verse or advice at the right time?  How does he do it all?

But why I love my pastor:

....because he teaches me how to stay close to God by his living example of walking with God.

If I had one last tweet on this earth, right before I my last breath, and all the gumption my texting fingers could muster, I would tweet this...

"I walked humbly with my God, finally going Home where I belong."

What an honor to be known as one who did, and be recorded in all of the history blogging books as being one who had a daily walk with the One Great Master Storyteller.

To follow in the footsteps of others like:
Enoch:  "After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters." ~ Genesis 5:22
Noah:  "This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God." ~ Genesis 6:9
Micah:  "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ~ Micah 6:8
David:  "For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life." ~ Psalm 56:13
Isaiah:  "The vision concerning"....everything from start to finish, all 66 chapters and all his words in-between, ending with "to all mankind."  ~ Isaiah 1 - 66.
And my spiritual leader in the human flesh, who leads in Spirit and Truth with such impacting and inspirational messages that it's beyond obvious that he walks with God...daily and often.

"Dear God, may I ever stay close to your Light, not only to be inspired but to absorb as much Light for my path as possible, to worship and walk close, hand in hand with You at all times, until the end of time."
The only Light source I know that consistently shines Truth is known as the Light of the world, and is found in the shadow of the cross.  

I am a writer, and I walk with God.  

As Jesus is writing His story through me I am sticking close to the One who Inspires.



No comments: