Monday, February 3, 2014

Open for my Father's business


My friend wrote on Facebook about her sweet little daughter who started a business.  I wondered if that was a secret dream of hers.  We all have them you know and I am amazed when I consider that God holds our dreams too.  

Sometimes God uses our dreams to teach us.  And we get more than what we signed up for.

I didn't sign up for hard days of wrestling with my thoughts and those restless nights of wonder.  

I didn't sign up for true confessions and lonely days where I find myself laid bare.

What I wanted was the easy road where my best words flowed.

God understands that I want to do the work that matters.

I didn't sign up for God to shake my world in showing me how He is unshakable.

I didn't sign up for God to direct my dreams in showing me His determined steps.

I didn't sign up for His will to override mine but I've torn up my agenda to match His.  

I didn't know I was signing up for this full surrender.

I didn't sign up for the lonely walk with God as I submitted my dream to Him.

I didn't sign up for the raw moments of confession as He speaks truth in my healing.

I didn't sign up for the admission of the negatives which have brought so much positive.

I didn't sign up for this but I did.

I prayed to be God's voice.  I signed up for Him to change my language.

I trusted God with my dream and prayed a Spirit-filled prayer.

I signed up for walking with God in my dreams.  I prayed for God to show me what it means.

I signed up for submitting to my Author and Perfecter of my faith.  He has given me the permission to write with Authority and Honor.

I signed up for making a difference in the lives of others.  He's marked my life with truth and holy fear.  

I signed up to be used to build God's kingdom, God gave me a mission field at the end of my nose.

I signed up for what I thought was my dreamy dreams.  He gave me His greater plan.

I signed up to trust and obey, but I didn't sign up for the freedom those words would bring.

When you resign yourself to the will of God, then you signed up for full surrender to His greater plans for you.  You signed up for letting Him define what greater plans are ahead, not the finite plans that your heart wonders about.  

Isaiah 61:1  The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon Me, for the Lord has anointed Me to bring good news to the poor.  He has sent Me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed."

What we don't know is how from our small seed of faith, we have signed up for resignation to His power, control, agenda and plans over your dreams.

My prayer:  Dear God, In the raw places of faith, bring your new beginnings, truth and honor.  Show me what it means to follow You.  Show me what your truth is in the tenderness of new beginnings.  Show your heart, and thank you for letting my heart collide with yours.  I will follow you, seek your Kingdom, your righteousness, and your freedom in learning truth.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Freedom comes...even in your dreams...

No comments: