Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ever think about why you do what you do?


When doing what God has called you to do, you have to know why you do what you do. That's the case for me in seeking out my dreams, I have to keep them close by as reminders of why I started writing things down in the first place.

I write to encourage you as I have been encouraged.  

I have been asking God about my writing dream, learning how to send encouragement to you.  That's when I had to stop and remember what has gotten me to this point and what goes before me.

I write to wrap my mind around God's grace.

God's grace has destined and adequately designed my steps.  So it's His grace that continues to work out my faith.  I have to trust God, His process, and the God who knows what He's doing.  God is my authorization department.  His grace opens doors, closes them, protects His interest in His word, and He cares about every last detail.  So it's appropriate to say that His grace works out in what I do.

I write to live in God's mercy and find strength.  

Have you ever thought about how God can work his mercy in your dreams too?  It's time to get serious here.  The last few months God has been refining my written voice to be intentional and stronger.  It's for His purposes and glory that I share what He's teaching and to explore Biblical truths He has shown me.  Plus having freedom in knowing the truth that has set me free.

I write to live free.
I'm not doing this for the money, the notoriety, or because it's easy. 
I'm doing this to please the Father.  I'm doing this in faith. 

Perhaps you want to get serious with your dream.  If your dreams, or desires don't look exactly like you thought they would, then hold on, God knows what He's doing.  If you are asking Him to show you, then rest assured He wants you to know that too.  There are turns and twists in dreaming that you just have to trust the process.

I write because when doing so I am trusting His grace process.

When it comes to matters of faith, we have to trust God for journey, His leading in our faith will have a better ending that we can wrap our finite minds around.  It truly takes the understanding of the deep love of the Father, an understanding His authority and sovereignty when asking Him about His plans for us.  

I write so that my heart can respond to this life.  

Most days my mind feels like alphabet soup, words, phrases, blog titles, verses all mixed together.  I talk about dreaming a lot, but for me it's really a heart issue to obey what God has put inside.  His grace gives us desires to carry out His will in our lives.  God's grace fuels my passion, my desire, my abilities to throw inspirational thoughts your direction.

I write to experience God.

Philippians 2:12-13 "as you have always obeyed...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling (because of what Christ has done), for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."

I write because I can't not do this.  It's the way God has designed my heart, therefore, may I respond to Him fear and trembling for the sake of Christ.  

Why do you do what you do?  

No comments: