Wednesday, October 15, 2014

One of the big problems for this writer


"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17


"It's not what you do, it's who you are."  What I nice comment from my husband who just read one of the best blogs I've ever written.  "I'm encouraged after reading that."  He's so kind and happens to be one of my biggest cheerleaders.  Comments like that affirm what God is telling me to stay faithful too.
Writing.  Overcoming and more writing.

Only the Lord, knows how much I struggle to find my way into this big pond of authors.  Never let it be said that I want to promote my problems.  Certainly sorrow has shaped a lot of my stories.  But by honoring God in these posts, it helps me overcome my problem with posting.

I always what to share the hope of God in each post.

You see, sharing here is becoming safe place now.  I feel comfortable here.  It's been well determined that this isn't a topical blog.  This is a personal blog.  A place of sharing, caring and embracing this crazy journey called life that God has me on.

So one of my big problems is deciding which story to share today, or first or one that will move you to see God in a new light.  I don't take that honor lightly.

Please understand that I don't have all the answers.  I don't, but I am interested to know God answers about everything.  The enemy wants me to not be here, but this is about God proving fortitude in this little blog, perhaps patience, and yes even endurance in my little corner of the world race of faith.

I am mustering faith each and every time in writing.  It's God's way of building confidence, security and faithfulness.  It could be that another problem I have is using self-control.  I don't just share my stories, but I share heart with you.  Our wayward hearts are loaded with so many emotions, that they can be deadly and powerful, all at the same time.

A famous author once wrote this about his purpose in writing about pain.  "The only purpose is to solve the intellectual problem raised by suffering; for the far higher task of teaching fortitude and patience I was never fool enough to suppose myself qualified nor have I anything to offer my readers except my conviction that when pain is to be borne, a little courage helps more than much knowledge, a little human sympathy more than much courage, and the least tincture of the love of God more than all."

I bet he struggled with writing too and what to share.  You see when writing emotions intersecting faith it gets painful.  I'm really sharing some deep heart stuff here and putting my emotions on the line.  It's really my heart's response to what God is showing me through the storms of life and through His inspired Word.

For me, that's my honorable way to process.  It's God's way of teaching me what I need to know to cope with life, to be prepared for all situations, but also to become more like Him.  It's God's way.  Any time you play the God card, the game get's serious.  I don't take my big problem lightly but honorably.

Can I tell you in this that it is becoming less of a problem and more of an honor?

I bet C. S. Lewis thought so too.  He's the author of many books, essays, countless words of encouragement and the above quote.  From his corner of the world, in his writing place, I dare say he wrestled with what he would share.  I would call his writing honorable and share worthy.

Be encouraged today that the good works that God has designed from His craftsmanship, are specifically carved out for you too.  All that He has placed inside of you can be used in an honorable way.  Don't miss the lessons along the way as you learn His honorable way of sharing the good works He is doing in you.  By honoring God first in what He's designed you with, it doesn't take much for God to change the world through you.  All you have to do is listen to His voice, and use the creativity He places within.

All of the sudden your creativity bears your burdens God's way.   For me, this matters, and I don't have to use a lot of words to help you see that.  That's God's job and in honoring Him with mine, I know He will use them well.  

No comments: