Monday, May 30, 2011

Music Monday

As I sit here and listen to the wind blowing so hard around our house, it reminds me of how life is such a swirl sometimes, at least it is at our house. The constant squeak of the loose tin flopping in the Oklahoma wind on our already-broken-down
garage tells me there is repair needed outside as well as inside this joint. I often sigh at the work that needs to be done. I know that God often sighs at the work that needs to be done....in my heart.

Life swirls with life. Life circles with pain, sadness, darkness, happiness, joy, peace, good times, and bad times. I could go on and on about this. I have years of experience living these crazy life circles. I have given up on asking the "Why me?" question. Here's why...I know my Savior and He has the best in store for me....always. Even when it appears that everything in my current life circle is against me.

The swirling circles that surround me are for His purpose. The valleys, the hills, the crags, the precipices (oh yeah, that's a big word...look it up!) the cliffs, the smooth garden paths, the thin places, the thick places, and the silent and long journeys in the desert. All those are carefully crafted at the hand of my Savior.

Life is so hard to take right? Yes, it is, but one thing we can take away from these situations, circumstances and potential growth opportunities is that God is. God is our refuge. God is our salvation, God is our hope. This is what I cling to when life doesn't make sense.

The lyrics of Stronger by Mandisa mean a lot to me right now.

"Thinking about how your world ain't right
And you wonder if things will ever get better
And you're asking why is it always raining on you
When all you want is just a little good news
Instead of standing there stuck out in the weather

Oh, don't hang your head
It's gonna end
God's right there
Even if it's hard to see Him
I promise you that He still cares

(Chorus)
When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me, this is gonna make you stronger
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger
Believe me, this is gonna make you ...

Try and do the best you can
Hold on and let Him hold your hand
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end
God's right there
Even when you just can't feel Him
I promise you that He still cares"

These are some good words to focus on when life doesn't make sense. When you are hit with illness, financial strain, car repairs, denial by insurance for medical claims, $2000 blood tests and EF-4 tornado's. When life slaps you hard in the face....you have to cling to something. My lifeline is God. I don't know the whys, but I know the Who. I am God's, His, and He is my Refuge. Psalm 119:114 "You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my only source of hope."

I could use a little good news, how about you? What life circle is slapping you hard right now?

No comments: