Monday, June 13, 2011

Music Monday [Don't Wait]

This Music Monday is brought to you by Addison Road, compliments of their song "Don't Wait".


Basically this song is a reminder of how temporary our lives are, and while we are here on earth, we need to make the most of every moment.  My favorite line is "Our lives, unpredictable....It can turn on a dime."  I know about that.  One day everything is fine....the next minute everything is falling apart.  Tornadoes destroy, cancer strikes, death haunts, hearts turn away.



The lyrics also remind me that we are to be more "Heaven-minded".  What does that look like?  Praying for the lost, being broken for the things that break God's heart, always being ready to explain why you believe what you believe.


God brings people to their deepest need many times through tough life circumstances.  God redeems these times by bringing those unto Himself and by revealing His character.  When life deals a unpredictable hand, I want to make the most of every opportunity of God's grace by my witness.  I know how God has helped my family through our unanswered questions, and because of those holy moments, I can offer personal lessons learned to help other fragile hearts.  In life's brokenness we gain understanding of who God is.  


Life is uncertain, but death is sure.  Don't delay in making a difference.  


Don't Wait
Today I lost a friend of mine
I never even got to say goodbye
I thought we had time to burn
But life is short
You only get one turn

Whoa, gone before you know
Whoa, so make the most

(Chorus)
We're not indestructible
Our lives, unpredictable
It can turn on a dime
So now is the time
Don't wait
Don't wait
Gotta live today
Gotta live today, today

So here I am wide awake
Blinded by a brand new day
Every breath given to me
Is a gift I want to redeem

Whoa, the minutes they unwind
Whoa, so I gotta make the time

Chorus X2

In the blink of an eye
You snap and time goes by
Time goes by

We'll wonder where it all went
If we forget
So don't forget

What does this song say to you?


No comments: