Thursday, July 28, 2011

God's Waiting Room


Where are you? Why don’t you come? I don’t like waiting! Hurry up! AHHHH!!!!
This real life scene hits replay a lot in my world. With me, there is usually a delay in leaving, getting to, and following through. So you could say I am always late. I try to be on time, but most times I fail. Here’s my conundrum … I hate to make people wait, yet, I am usually late.
In John 11, the story of the death of Lazarus, it seems as if Jesus was late. Upon hearing that Lazarus was sick, Jesus stayed where he was for two more days. Mary and Martha had sent word that their brother was seriously ill. He was literally on death’s door, and they sought the only One who could help. When Jesus got the news he waited, he delayed.
Can you picture what their wait would have been like? Mary and Martha, desperate for a medical miracle, sent for Jesus to come ASAP. They took turns sitting by Lazarus’ bedside. One would sit and the other would go outside the house and watch for their Master’s silhouette, secretly wishing, hoping and praying that Jesus would come.Please Jesus, come heal our brother......

No comments: