Friday, February 24, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Change


I write about change a lot because I have the desire to.  I feel like I need a lot of it.  I tend to constantly evaluate everything.  My goal is to I want to honor God with my words, deeds and thoughts.  It's the least I can do in my response to His grace that has been given to me.


So where do I need to change?  Well maybe you should tell me.  I tend to be too hard on myself actually.  I have a friend who says "Don't change".  But I don't want to stay where I am...I want to be a better person, I want to lose another 30 lbs., I want to know God more, I want to serve more, I want to write a book, I want to run a half-marathon, I want to go back to Africa!   Their has to be changes to make all this happen.
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever‑increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. ~ 2 Corinthians 3:11
God likes to change too.  This verse reminds me that He is in indeed changing me....from one phase of me to another.  He wants more for me, in His holy transformation, to become like Jesus.  There has to be some "me" changes to make that ever increasing glory change happen.  Those changes are hard.  There are times when change feels like you have an open wound that won't heal.  God comes along and uses His rough sanding stone of change to make the painful wound a little more clean.  That refining process is for His glory as He does His work in me.  The results?  His ever-increasing glory...and that makes change worth it.  


So what do you want to change?  How are you letting God change you?

1 comment:

Marleen said...

I absolutely HATE change. I grew up in an unstable home situation and there were always changes.......that always signaled things going down the tubes........AGAIN. So as an adult, I want nice, easy constant. This past year, my husband and I have gone through a lot of changes. Right now it is job changes for both of us and a lot of uncertainty. Wow, it has been so hard to just put it in God's hands and not worry, but I am getting there. Guess God has been trying to get me to relax in Him and is using all of this change to do just that. My desire is to TOTALLY give Him my future and it hurts. But HE has it all in control and knows what is best. Guess I had better put on my seat belt and get ready for the ride!