Tuesday, February 21, 2012

White Knuckles


Hangin' on for the ride!

I call them growing pains. 

Faith pains wrapped in everyday life lessons.

God is teaching me good stuff out of some tough stuff. 

Good turmoil…a constant stirring of my heart.

Good God things….are happening.  Growth.    

God is growing some tunnel vision of trust.    

He is deepening passions and softly breaking new places in my heart.    

There is new confidence and courage that only comes from Him.

With each step there is a deeper trust that I have never sensed. 

There are some difficult portions that remain. 

In this trust-with-rest journey there are still more tough faith lessons to be learned. 

Sometimes I feel like I am just beginning.

There is a call to faith….to not give in, to not give up.

To stay and be faithful to show up and embrace 
the changes He wants to do in me. 

There is One constant.  God never changes, even though He is changing me. 

He quiets me with His love. 

I want to seek Him constantly and need to be aware of His presence….every day, 
every moment, with every breath.  

He takes great delight in me. 

Make the time to seek.

He rejoices over me with singing. 

When things become unclear, and loud, and uncertain I replay this truth in my mind and it helps.

“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.   He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:17

What is God teaching you lately?

1 comment:

suhlman said...

Oh, Janelle! I can't tell you how much this speaks to me right here, right now. Thank you for being sensitive to the sweet Spirit of our Lord. He is using your voice to encourage so many of us who just need to hear Truth, unrehearsed, plainly spoken, from the heart.