Monday, March 26, 2012

Music Monday [Light of the World]

Kari Jobe's style of worship has brought a new light and perspective to me. I have a new appreciation for her music ever since I saw her at Winter Jam.

 Matthew 5:14 says "You are the light of the world.  
A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  

It sounds like she is singing this verse straight from the book of Matthew, which is a direct quote from Jesus.  Whenever I see Jesus words in red in my Bible, I take those as my words to live by.  Those "red-lettered" threads (words) are truth that I want to weave into my wayward heart.  And I like it when God's words are put to song.


The most impacting part of the song is the chorus below.  We are to be like Christ.  Those words were not just recorded centuries ago for a group of disciples or written for someone else of the Bible times.  God's words were written for me.  


We are the city on a hill
We are the light of the world
We gotta, 
we gotta, 
we gotta let the light shine
Let the light shine, 
let the light shine

We are called to the spread the news
Tell the world the simple truth
Jesus came to save, there's freedom in His Name
So let it all break through


We are history makers.  We are His-story makers.  How will people know of God's greatness if we don't share His story in our lives?  We gotta let the light  shine so that others will know the simple truth of Jesus, that there's freedom in His name, that Jesus saves, so that God's glory shines through.  We must share so that name of Jesus will be lifted high.  Being the light of the world is my spiritual act of worship.  


Be the light, shine bright!

No comments: